This is not a recipe, this is a prescription. This prescription is cool because you use stuff that’s gonna last a long time in the pantry, like sesame oil and rice vinegar.
1 poundlean ground beef (We used ground bison from Costco once... yummy.) 1 tablespoonsesame oil 3 clovesgarlic, minced 2 tablespoonsfresh ginger, minced 2 tablespoonsmirin 2 tablespoonsrice vinegar ½ cupcoconut sugar (could use brown sugar or even maple syrup) ¼ cuptamari (or just a good strong soy sauce) 1 teaspoonsesame seeds
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped scallions
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Brown the meat really deeply with sesame oil.
- Once browned, drain some of the fat, then add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the mirin, rice vinegar, sugar, tamari, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until the liquid has reabsorbed and the meat is shiny but not soupy.
- Top with chopped scallions and serve.